Shame and the False Self (and how to unearth our true self) – Many of us put forth a false-front or what is called the False-Self. This is the ‘us’ we think others will like better. We are afraid if they see the real ‘us’ they won’t like us or they will reject us. This may have served a ‘good’ purpose in our family of origin…and possibly even saved our life. However, when we are older, this False-Self becomes destructive and it backfires. In this episode, I will share how God removed my False-Self and my need for approval. I believe He wants to do the same for you by removing your shame. It begins with deep self-exploration as we allow God to shine His light into the darkest areas of our lives and begin the pruning process. This is a painful but necessary part of our growth as we are told in John 15: 1-2: “I am the true vine, and my father is the gardener, He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”
Christian Radio Host, Producer, Inspirational Speaker, Writer
- Unsafe People and Healing from the Pain they Cause (Part 1-Episode 8)
- The Media, Covid, and your Mental Health (with Therapist Joel Walton)
- Escaping Sexual Addiction (Shame and Pornography in the Church)
- Lessons in Pruning, Pain and Perseverance
- Seasons of the Cave (The Higher Purpose Behind our Pain)
- What is a Cult?